The loss of a loved one is a difficult thing for anyone to cope with, however there are some circumstances where a dispute arises between people who have an interest in the estate of the deceased.
In some situations, this can be so serious the dispute can only be resolved with the assistance of legal intervention, which is where we can help.
We can advise on how best to help solve these difficult issues with integrity and at proportionate costs in Will, probate and trust disputes by negotiation, mediation or court action. We can be of assistance in respect of:
- Pursuing or defending Inheritance Act claims
- Probate claims, including disputes as to the validity of Wills due to allegations of lack of capacity or undue influence and seeking to prove Wills in solemn form
- Applications in respect of the removal or appointment of Personal Representatives or trustees
- Breach of trust claims regarding the validity and construction of trusts and trust property
- Beddoes applications and directions applications
- All aspects of contested claims between beneficiaries, personal representatives, Executors and trustees in relation to estates and trust funds
- Disputed Court of Protection applications
- Trust of Land Act Clams
- Proprietary Estoppel (promise claims)
If you believe you have grounds to bring a claim against a deceased’s estate, there are several factors that may impact your ability to do so and your likelihood of success.
We have an expertise and specialism in these types of claim and are also able to handle cases which are often sensitive and distressing with care, compassion and empathy.
We offer an initial free interview to assess the claim and to discuss the costs of such proceedings with you. In some circumstances we may be able to consider dealing with your claim under a no win no fee agreement (conditional fee agreement).