Proud to be celebrating 170 years in business


If an unmarried couple separates, it is likely that they will need to divide the assets that they own. It is a common misconception that if you live together as husband and wife, you will enjoy the same legal rights as if you were married.

The ideal solution for separating couples is to reach an agreement between themselves about how their assets should be divided. We can provide you with the correct advice on your rights and responsibilities so that you can come to an agreement, and we can help to prepare a Deed of Separation reflecting that agreement.

If it is not possible to reach an agreement, court proceedings may need to be issued. If this happens, we can be there to help you through the process. Our specialist team can go through your situation and your options, giving you a better understanding of the steps you may wish to take.

For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch