Children & Social Services Solicitors

We recognise that legal proceedings or pre-proceedings in relation to your own children or those of close family members cause a tremendous deal of stress and upset.

It is essential that you instruct solicitors that fuel you with the confidence that your case is being represented as thoroughly and as persuasively as possible. We have a specialist Care and Adoption department consisting of experienced and passionate solicitors whom will not only offer expert legal advice, but also support and practical advice in order to maximise your chances of a successful outcome.

What we can help with

The list below outlines some of the areas that we regularly assist our clients with. Please click on the relevant sections to be redirected to a page summarising what each generally entail.

Why choose us?

Our Care and Adoption Department is thriving and we are picking up a number of awards in recognition of this. We have recently won the Hampshire Law Society Small Firm of the Year award for 2019 as well as the Lexis Nexis Family Law Firm of the Year 2018 for the South of England.

All of our legal experts are part of the Law Society’s Children panel and can deal with the entirety of your case, from providing initial advice to representing you at court hearings.

How is our work funded?

Biological Parents

If you are a biological parent to a child subject to proceedings, or pre proceedings, brought by a local authority, you will be entitled to public funding under either the legal aid or the legal help scheme.

If you are a biological parent, eligibility for this public funding is on a non-means and non-merits basis. This means that you are automatically entitled to this funding and we will not require proof of your income or the strength of your case.

Non-parents (grandparents and other relatives)

We regularly represent grandparents, step-parents, aunts, uncles and other non-parents during care proceedings.

Unfortunately, the Legal Aid Agency does not provide automatic funding for non-parents, meaning you will have to jump through the hoops and over the hurdles of a means and merits-based assessment. This means that your financial circumstances and the strength of your case will be examined by the Legal Aid Agency.

This can be a complicated process for those without training in Legal Aid applications. Fortunately, we have a number of staff who make these applications on a day to day basis. Please therefore contact us as soon as possible for some advice about securing public funding and/or your case in general.


Family Law Awards 2017 Family Law Awards 2018Family Law Accredited

For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch