This firm is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in its own policies, practices, and procedures, and in those areas in which it has influence.
The firm intends to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their disability, gender, marital status, age, race, racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation. In developing and implementing its anti-discrimination policy, the firm is committed to complying with the SRA Code of Conduct 2019’s diversity and equality policies, and with all current and any future anti-discrimination legislation and associated codes of practice.
As an employer, we treat all our employees and job applicants equally and fairly and don’t discriminate unjustifiably against them. This includes, for example, arrangements for recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment, access to training opportunities, access to promotion and transfers, grievance and disciplinary processes, demotions, selection for redundancies, dress code, references, bonus schemes, work allocation, and any other employment related activities.
We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that:
- we endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of qualified candidates
- employment opportunities are open and accessible to all on the basis of candidates’ individual qualities and personal merits
- where appropriate, positive action measures are taken to attract applications from all sections of society and especially from those groups which are under-represented in the workforce
- selection criteria and processes do not discriminate unjustifiably on the grounds of disability, gender, marital status, race, racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, other than in those instances where the firm is exercising permitted positive action
- wherever appropriate and necessary, lawful exemptions (genuine occupational requirements) will be used to recruit suitable staff to meet the special needs of particular groups
- all recruitment agencies acting for the firm are aware of its requirement not to discriminate and to act accordingly
Biscoes is committed to giving fair support to members of the Armed Forces Community. As such, Biscoes guarantee an interview for any Armed Forces member as long as they meet the requisite criteria set out in the job description. The scheme is not a guaranteed job for members of the Armed Forces Community, as selection procedures will ensure the best candidate for the job is appointed, based on the objective criteria of the role profile.