For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch
Kate is a member of the Care and Adoption team. Kate was admitted as a solicitor in 1992. She was previously a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives from 1989.
Kate is accredited by the Law Society in Children Law.
Kate can advise on:
- Care proceedings – Kate represents parents, children, Children’s Guardians, and other family members, in care proceedings. Kate can also assist others added to proceedings as intervenors.
- Care pre-proceedings (Public Law Outline) – if you need assistance and have received a letter from a local authority indicating they are considering issuing proceedings.
- Special Guardianship Orders – Kate can assist with applications for Special Guardianship Orders and where the Local Authority suggest prospective Special Guardians seek advice on a support package
- Adoption –advice to both prospective adoptive parents and parents whose children are being placed for adoption
- Secure Accommodation – representing parents and Children’s Guardian’s in secure accommodation proceedings
- S20 “Voluntary Accommodation”– advise in relation to accommodation under s20 Children Act 1989
- Human Rights Claims/Injunctive relief – advise in relation to action or inaction by a local authority
- Child Protection Conferences and other Children’s Service meetings: advice in relation to intervention by a local authority falling short of proceedings
- Discharge of Care Orders and Revocation of Placement Orders - advice and where .appropriate representation
- Applications for Legal Aid in relation to the above where available and appropriate
Did you know?
Kate enjoys music and regularly sings with her local church choir. She also enjoys city breaks with her husband. She is an avid reader and member of a book club. Kate has three grown up children and 2 step-children. Kate like to listen to opera and see opera performances as often as possible.