For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch
Tom is a Solicitor who works within the Inheritance Protection Department on the Isle of Wight. Tom qualified as a Solicitor in 2023.
Tom can advise on:
- Wills - advising on and preparing wills for individuals or couples, to include mirror Wills, life interest or discretionary trust Wills.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – providing advice on drafting and the registration of both types of Lasting Powers, namely Property and Financial and Health and Welfare decisions.
- Grant of Probate – undertaking the preparation of all forms required to obtain a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration (where someone dies without a Will) including advising on Inheritance Tax
- Administration of a Deceased’s Estate – undertaking all work required to obtain a Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration and thereafter the realisation of the Deceased’s assets, settlement of all debts and the distribution of the Deceased’s net assets
- Estate Planning – providing advice on Inheritance Tax planning and Care Home fees.
Tom's work is supervised by senior colleagues within the Inheritance Protection Department.
After graduating from Oxford Brookes University with a Bachelor of Law, Tom completed his Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Law in London Bloomsbury. Tom commenced his period of recognised training as a Trainee Solicitor at a Hampshire firm of Solicitors in November 2021, and qualified as a Solicitor in May 2023. Upon qualification, Tom joined Biscoes Solicitors and is now found working within our Inheritance Protection Department.
Before commencing his period of recognised training, Tom worked in-house for the Legal Services Department at the Isle of Wight NHS Trust. In October 2021 Tom was appointed to be a Justice of the Peace (JP) for England and Wales. He is assigned to the West Hampshire Local Justice Area, covering Southampton Magistrates' Court, and deals exclusively with adult criminal proceedings.
In his spare time:
Tom enjoys spending time with his young son and keeping active. Tom enjoys a wide variety of sports but has a particular interest at the moment in running, badminton, tennis, and surfing.