Proud to be celebrating 170 years in business

Service Supplier


The Service Supplier route allows you to sponsor overseas workers who are undertaking temporary work assignments in the UK, where the worker is either a contractual service supplier employed by an overseas service provider, or is an independent professional established outside the UK, and the work is part of a contract covered by one of the UK’s international trade agreements

To be eligible under the Service Supplier route, you must;

  • Be aged 18 or over
  • Are currently working as or for an overseas service provider that will provide services to your UK sponsor
  • You have worked as or for an overseas service provider outside the UK for a cumulative period of 12 months.
  • Your UK sponsor has a contract with an overseas service provider, where that contract has been registered with the Home Office, and on which you as a Service Supplier will work
  • You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship issued by your UK sponsor for the job you intend to do;
  • The job you are planning to do is genuine
  • The job you are planning to do is at an appropriate skill level
  • The job you are planning to do is skilled to at least RQF Level 6, the role must be equivalent to a graduate level role unless you are employed by an overseas service provider supplying one of the following types of services-
    • Fashion and modelling (none required)
    • Chef de cuisine (an advanced technical qualification)
    • Entertainment services (excluding audio-visual services under the CARIFORUM-UK Economic Partnership Agreement) (none required)
    • Management consulting services and services related to management consulting (managers and senior consultants) (university degree (equivalent level technical qualification not permitted)
    • Advertising or translation (relevant qualifications)
    • Technical testing and analysis (university degree or a relevant technical qualification)

You must have professional experience in the sector in which you will supply services, 3 years’ experience; or if you are supplying chef de cuisine services under the CARIFORUM-UK Economic Partnership Agreement, 6 years’ experience; or if you are a self-employed overseas service provider, 6 years’ experience.

  • You satisfy a nationality requirement
  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate if required.

Your dependents can also join you under this visa, however they have to meet relationship requirements and financial requirements.

The costs for this application are.

  • £259 Home Office application fee
  • Annual Immigration Health Surcharge, £624 per year

Apart from these fees, you’re typically expected to have at least £1,270 in a personal account to show that you can financially support yourself. 

This route does not lead to settlement.


For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch