For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch
Stuart heads up the Employment Law Team at Biscoes and is a solicitor with substantial experience of assisting clients with a full range of employment law issues.
He advises businesses and individuals in the full spectrum of employment law matters but has particular experience dealing with Employment Tribunal litigation involving unfair dismissals, whistle blowing cases and claims concerning all areas of discrimination. Stuart also qualified as a CEDR Accredited Commercial Mediator in 2004 which enables him to bring another skill to the negotiation and conclusion of difficult contentious matter.
Stuart can advise on:-
- Employment Law – both businesses and employees on law related matters from day to day issues involving disciplinary matters, grievances, contract variations, restructuring and redundancies through to Tribunal assistance litigating in all areas of employment law including discrimination, whistleblowing, unfair dismissal, equal pay, breaches of contract and unlawful deductions;
- Large scale collective redundancies;
- High Court injunctive relief for breach of Post Termination Restrictive Covenants;
- Business Transfers and Service Provision Changes containing complex TUPE issues;
- Drafting and negotiating severance packages and settlement agreements at all levels (junior staff up and senior level board members of nationally recognised companies and PLC’s);
- Training for Human Resources Professionals and business owners;
- Drafting and preparation of employment contracts, director’s service agreements, consultancy agreements and staff handbooks
He has provided employment law assistance in a range of transactions where businesses have been transferred and has also provided TUPE advice in a number of complicated matters involving the sale and purchase of companies in insolvency situations.
Stuart can provide in house training to Human Resources Professionals and is a very useful as a resource to business owners, managers and HR specialists who simply seek some guidance on a particularly complex matter or assistance in employment related matters whereby they may require a second opinion.
Did you know:
Whilst Stuart has been practising Employment Law for nearly two decades Stuart’s first job at 16 was selling ice creams to tourists at a beach side café. Whilst at University, he worked summer jobs in pubs and nightclubs in Spain and in the UK. Stuart played Rugby to 1st XV level at College and University but now plays less successful golf instead. He is very handy with a shotgun and has picked up “Top Gun” titles and team wins at a few Clay Shooting events. He can play the drums, likes Scuba diving in hot countries. He has been a member of Round Table for many years and helped raise considerable sums for charity. He is a Trustee of the Peter Ashley Activity Centre Trust which operates from Fort Purbrook and Fort Widley. He has a Beagle Labrador cross called Benji and is married with two young daughters. He also once appeared in a Warner Bros film having played a part of an “enthusiastic” football hooligan having been cast following the submission of a photo of him sporting a “Lemmy” style moustache which he grew raising money for a prostate cancer charity. He will willingly show you a photo of the moustache but be warned its not for the faint hearted….