For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch
Liyen qualified as a Solicitor in 2013 and has worked in the legal sector for 13 years.
She obtained her Higher Rights of Audience (Criminal) in 2016 enabling her to appear and represent clients not just in the Magistrate Court, but in the Crown Court and higher Courts.
She is multidisciplined, advising on both Criminal Defence and Court Martial matters as well as Wills, Trusts and Probate.
Liyen can assist you in providing detailed legal advice in a way that a non-lawyer can understand.
Liyen can advise on:
Private Client: -
- Wills – advising on and preparing wills, including straightforward wills, life interest wills and discretionary trust wills, amongst others.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – advising on, preparing and registering both Property & Financial Affairs and Health & Welfare Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Enduring Powers of Attorney – registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Grant of Probate – applications for Grants of Probate (if there is a Will) or Letters of Administration (if someone has died intestate, or without a will).
- Administration of deceased estates – dealing with the entire administration of the estate from date of death.
- Estate planning – including Inheritance Tax and care home fee advice.
- Management of affairs - for incapacitated clients.
Criminal Defence: -
- Magistrates Court (privately paying only, not legally aided) – representing clients for plea hearings, sentence hearings, plea before venue (for either-way offences) and trials.
- Crown Court (privately paying only, not legally aided) – representing clients for plea hearings, sentence hearings and trials.
- Court Martial (privately paying or under legal aid) – Defending service personnel accused of criminal offences both on a privately funded basis and under the Armed Forces Criminal Legal Aid Authority (AFCLAA). Liyen regularly attends Bulford Military Court Centre. Liyen can assist you even if the proceedings relate to matters abroad or on operation. No matter where your case is heard (UK or foreign jurisdiction) or the charge you face, Liyen can provide you with clear, concise advice and support from the very beginning.
Did you know?
Liyen play’s Hockey for Havant