Training Contracts – Biscoes Legal Services Limited
Biscoes is a well-established and growing law firm situated on the South Coast and Isle of Wight. We pride ourselves in providing a professional approach in a friendly environment.
We are looking to recruit two Trainee Solicitors to join Biscoes with particular interest in Immigration Law/Mental Health Law.
As a Trainee Solicitor, you will rotate seats every six months and have exposure to both contentious and non-contentious work, so that you can get as much experience as possible across a range of legal disciplines.
Biscoes welcomes applications from both law and non-law graduates who are able to demonstrate a high level of academic and personal achievements. You must have achieved your LPC examination to be eligible for a Training Contract with Biscoes.
The Ideal Candidate must also
- Be able to meet the requirements as noted by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) to be accepted as a Trainee Solicitor
- Have the ability to take responsibility and use initiative to fulfil training seats and role
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Be highly organised, careful, reliable and conscientious
- Have the ability to read and assimilate complex written information
- Have the ability to proof read, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Have the ability to support and ensure legal matters are run in an organised and efficient manner
- Have the ability to ensure client document and advice history are recorded in accordance with the firm procedures/case management system
- Have the ability to manage competing priorities in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Have the confidence to deal with legal professionals and teams
- Possess excellent IT skills
Company benefits include a company pension, healthcare cash back scheme and membership to Perkbox.
To apply for the Training contract please send your CV and covering letter to HR@Biscoes-law.co.uk
Closing Date: Friday 4 October 2019
Biscoes is committed to giving fair support to members of the Armed Forces Community. As such, Biscoes guarantee an interview for any Armed Forces member as long as they meet the requisite criteria set out in the job description. The scheme is not a guaranteed job for members of the Armed Forces Community, as selection procedures will ensure the best candidate for the job is appointed, based on the objective criteria of the role profile.
Work Experience Students
If you would like to request to join us for a period of work experience, please apply by email with a covering letter and CV to Debbie Brown HR Manager
Please provide dates for your availability to complete your work experience together with legal disciplines that are of interest to you. We will email to acknowledge receipt of your application and may require you to attend an interview prior to selection. Once your application has been considered and if you are successful you will be notified and given a work experience placement date.