Biscoes offer a range of Notarial services including Legalisation (by affixation of an Apostille) through our offices in Portsmouth & surrounding areas.
Notary Publics form a small independent and specialised branch of the Legal Profession, historically originated from Scribes who took notes or minutes of important events and decisions and recorded them as public or private records. These days, in England, Notaries are largely involved with the preparation, verification, certification, attestation and authentication of information, Certificates, Deeds and other documents that are intended for use in other countries and Foreign Jurisdictions.
Notarial services are likely to be required by private clients and businesses who are buying or selling property abroad or who are involved in litigation in Foreign Courts or moving overseas for work or study, and also by Companies and Organisations which are involved in importing or exporting or otherwise conducting business abroad.
Once authenticated or attested by a Notary, a Document is treated as having the force of a Court Judgement and accepted throughout most of the World.
Some countries require that additional Legalisation formalities be undertaken through verification by their Embassy or Consulate (or Chamber of Commerce / Trade Association) and others which have signed up to the Hague Convention require affixation of an Apostille by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
We can help you with:
- Witnessing and attesting the execution and signature of documents.
- Authenticating the execution and contents of documents.
- Administering Oaths and Declarations.
- Drafting Affidavits and Declarations.
- Preparing Powers of Attorney and Sponsorship Forms.
- Arranging and verifying translations from foreign languages into English and vice versa.
- Verification and Certification of documents including Passports, Degree and other Examination and Qualification certificates and Criminal Record checks.
- Preparing documents required in anticipation of marriage or consenting to children travelling abroad.
- Obtaining Legalisation by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office of documents by Apostille including original UK birth, marriage, death and civil partnership certificates.
- Notarising documents for use in connection with adoption or surrogacy agreements .
- Notarising Foreign Wills or Probate papers.
- Notarising Bills of Exchange and other Commercial Contracts.
- Authenticating and Certifying Company Certificates of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association or other Constitutional documentation.
- Notarising the execution of Power of Attorney by Directors or other proper office’s on behalf of a limited company or LLP.
- Providing Certified copies of Company Records, Appointments, Resolutions, Minutes and providing Company Certificates of Good Standing.
If you have any queries or to request a free estimate of fees, please e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: 02392 660261
Please note our Notarial Services are regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Notaries Society.