For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch
Sigita Cerbule joined Biscoes Solicitors in July 2018 having previously graduated with 2:1 in LLB Law at University of Portsmouth and having gained valuable experience by working in a Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury Department.
Upon joining Biscoes Solicitors, Sigita initially worked in the Care and Vulnerable Client Department. As the Mental Health and Capacity Department grew, Sigita was able to join the Department as a Paralegal. Sigita feels passionate about assisting some of the most vulnerable individuals in our society and ensuring that their views are heard and respected. Sigita has experience of representing patients before Hospital Managers Panels and has a track record of obtaining successful outcomes for patients.
Sigita is a member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Accreditation Scheme and is thus able to represent individuals who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended) before the First-Tier Tribunal (Health, Education and Social Care Chamber).
Sigita can advise on:
- Hospital Managers Hearings – representation of individuals detained under MHA 1983 in Hospital Manager Hearings, whether a requested hearing or renewal hearing
- Tribunal Hearings – representation of individuals detained under MHA 1983 in Mental Health Tribunal Hearings before the First-Tier Tribunal
- Care and Treatment Reviews (CTR) – advocating for patients with Autism and/or Learning Disability cases in CTRs
- Care Programme Approach (CPA) meetings – advocating for patients within CPA meetings
- Section 117 aftercare meetings – advocating for patients within Section 117 aftercare meetings and challenging any issues relating to aftercare/funding
- Legality of admission to hospital – including review of Section Papers to ensure legality of detention/admission
- Consent to treatment provisions – including advice in relation to the legality of treatment provided to patients detained under MHA 1983
- Relative rights and powers – including advising relatives of individuals detained under MHA 1983 of the process, procedures and their rights and powers, particularly in relation to Nearest Relatives of patients
Did you Know?
Outside of the Office, Sigita enjoys travelling, spending time with her favourite people and Sigita is a passionate gym goer.