For further information or to speak to one of our experts, please get in touch
Laura is a Solicitor working in the residential property department at the Newport office. Laura qualified as a Solicitor in 2017.
Laura can advise on:
- Freehold and Leasehold sales - including issuing the draft Contract package, dealing with enquiries and resolving issues encountered, redemption of mortgages and other necessary procedures
- Freehold and Leasehold purchases - including reviewing title deeds, raising enquiries, highlighting issues, liaising with and reporting to clients on all aspects of the transaction, dealing with mortgages and lenders, and the registration process.
- New Build Purchases - including reviewing title and planning documentation, and reviewing and negotiating draft Transfer terms and reporting to clients on the extent of the rights, terms and stipulations imposed.
- Landlord & Tenant matters - including grant or taking of a lease, dealing with assignments or subletting, assisting with deeds of variations and amendments to existing Leases.
- Re-mortgages & Transfers of Equity - including taking instructions from lenders on re-mortgages, reporting to clients on the terms of any new mortgage, and drafting any necessary transfer deeds for associated equity transfers.
- First Registrations and Claims for Adverse Possession - including taking instructions for first registrations and / or claims for adverse possession of land occupied, reviewing any old style deeds and compiling an epitome of title for the Land Registry purposes, reviewing any evidence for adverse possession and compiling evidence to accompany application forms to the Land Registry for such claims.
Did you Know:
Laura is a keen triathlete with an interest in the longer distance endurance events. Laura has competed in ‘Ironman’ long distance triathlons across Europe, comprising a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike ride, followed by a full marathon (26.2-mile run). Laura also competes in local running, cycling and triathlon events, and was first female to cross the line at the local ‘West Wight Triathlon’ in 2019.
Laura also enjoys spending her weekends walking her dog Winston.