Notary Publics form a small independent and specialised branch of the Legal Profession, historically originated from Scribes who took notes or minutes of important events and decisions and recorded them as public or private records. These days, in England, Notaries are largely involved with the preparation, verification, certification, attestation and authentication of information, Certificates, Deeds and other documents that are intended for use in other countries and Foreign Jurisdictions.
Biscoes offer a range of Notarial services including Legalisation (by affixation of an Apostille) through our offices in Portsmouth & surrounding areas.
Notarial services are required by businesses for property litigation in Foreign Courts, and also by Companies and Organisations which are involved in importing, exporting or otherwise conducting business abroad.
Once authenticated or attested by a Notary, a Document is treated as having the force of a Court Judgement and accepted throughout most of the World.
Some countries require that additional Legalisation formalities be undertaken through verification by their Embassy or Consulate (or Chamber of Commerce / Trade Association) and others which have signed up to the Hague Convention require affixation of an Apostille by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
We can help you with:
- Notarising Bills of Exchange and other Commercial Contracts.
- Authenticating and Certifying Company Certificates of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association or other Constitutional documentation.
- Notarising the execution of Power of Attorney by Directors or other proper offices on behalf of a limited company or LLP.
- Providing certified copies of Company Records, Appointments, Resolutions, Minutes and providing Company Certificates of Good Standing.
- Witnessing and attesting the execution and signature of documents.
- Authenticating the execution and contents of documents.
- Administering Oaths and Declarations.
- Drafting Affidavits and Declarations.
- Preparing Powers of Attorney and Sponsorship Forms.
- Arranging and verifying translations from foreign languages into English and vice versa.
- Verification and Certification of documents including Passports, Degree and other Examination and Qualification certificates and Criminal Record checks for employees.
If you have any queries or to request a free estimate of fees, please e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: 02392 660261
Please note our Notarial Services are regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Notaries Society.