Notaries Public form a small independent branch of the Legal Profession.
Historically, Notaries originated from scribes who took notes or minutes of important events and decisions and recorded them as public or private documents and records.
These days, in England, Notaries are largely concerned with the preparation , verification, certification, attestation and authentication of information, certificates, Deeds and other documents that are intended for use in other countries and Foreign Jurisdictions.
Notarial services are likely to be required by clients who are buying or selling property abroad or who are involved in litigation in Foreign Courts and also by Companies and Organisations which are involved in importing or exporting or otherwise conducting business abroad or with the UK under Licence.
Once authenticated or attested by a Notary, a Document should have the force of a Court Judgement and be accepted throughout most of the World.
However, many countries also require that additional Legalisation formalities be undertaken sometimes through verification from their Embassy or Consulate or Chamber of Commerce Trade Association .
Many countries which have signed up to the Hague Convention require Legalisation by affixation of an Apostille by the UK and Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
We can help you with:
- Witnessing and attesting the execution and signature of documents
- Authenticating the execution and contents of documents
- Administering Oaths and Declarations
- Preparing Affidavits and Declarations
- Preparing Powers of Attorney and Sponsorship Forms
- Arranging and verifying translations from foreign languages into English and vice versa
- Verification and Certification of documents including Passports, Degree and other Examination Certificates and Qualifications
- Preparing documents required in anticipation of marriage in Foreign Countries or permitting children to travel abroad.
- Obtaining Legalisation by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office of documents including original UK birth, marriage, death and civil partnership certificates
- Notarising documents for use in connection with adoption or surrogacy agreements
- Notarising Foreign Wills or Probate papers
- Notarising Bills of Exchange and other Commercial Contracts
- Authenticating and Certifying Company Certificates of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association or other Constitutional documentation.
- Notarising the execution of Power of Attorney by Directors or other proper office on behalf of a limited company or LLP.
- Providing Certified copies of Company Records, Appointments, Resolutions, Minutes and providing Company Certificates of Good Standing.
If you think you need our help or to find out more, please telephone: 02392 660261 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All our Notarial Services are regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Notaries Society.