Although originally from North Yorkshire Franca has worked in the South since 1984. She qualified as a solicitor in 1986
Franca specialises in family law. She can help with divorce and finances on divorce, children matters for example who a child should live with or spend time with (previously known as residence and contact), non-molestation and occupation applications. Franca is always available to deal with emergency matters at very short notice to include out of office hours if necessary.
Franca’s particular interest is representing teachers and members of the Armed Forces in respect of divorce, finances and children matters. She very much appreciates the particular issues these two groups experience and will work tirelessly to pursue such cases. She is happy to tailor her work to a client’s specific needs.
For many years Franca has been actively involved in issues around domestic abuse including delivering training on domestic abuse awareness and related matters. She has sat on management committees for various local refuges. She is currently a non executive Director of a charity supporting victims and survivors of domestic abuse and is actively involved with the Citizens Advice Bureaux.
Franca heads Biscoes specialist Domestic Abuse Team which was formed in 2006 and remains committed to raising awareness in whatever ways she can. She is happy to give talks and presentations to interested groups.
Franca is very pleased to see that Biscoes continue to use a quote from a client of hers in connection with child contact on the firm’s website.
- Children matters
- Domestic abuse (including non-molestation and occupation applications)
- Teachers and members of Armed Forces
- Civil partnership breakdown and finances
- Member of Resolution
- Resolution accredited specialist - Children law-Private
- Resolution accredited specialist - Domestic Abuse
- Resolution accredited specialist – Advanced Financial Provision
- Law Society Family Law advanced accreditation scheme (Children Law Private, Violence in the Home)